Wednesday, January 13, 2010

When You Wish Upon a Star...

So, a few months back, I started a different blog called "Seeking, Offering, Received." It's meant to chronicle the stories of weird/odd/compelling ads I find while trawling Kijiji.


One of the first ads posted was from a couple in another city, seeking "a child to love." They were having no luck adopting a second child through the regular channels and couldn't afford an international adoption.

Since I originally wrote them, asking for permission to put their ad on the blog, we've stayed in pretty regular email contact. A good friend of mine is embarking on her own adoption journey and I shared this couple's story with her. She asked me about them on Christmas Eve.

Today, this message awaited me:


To sum up: Prayer is powerful. Wishes come true. No doubt, the universe is unfolding as it should and frankly, this couple have completely made my entire day. Week. So far, year. Just wanted to share!
Hi Elizabeth,

I hope you are doing well.

I just wanted to send you an update. Not sure if it had anything to do with your prayers and your good wishes but a few weeks after your email, we were contacted by an agency asking if we were still looking to adopt and if so to send them a profile as they had a birthmother they wanted to show it to (nothing to do with our profile on Kijiji, this was just an agency I had emailed almost one year ago and never heard from since). We did and sure enough, a few days before Christmas we got the miracle you 'predicted' and we told we were chosen. It's not a done deal yet but is certainly looking very promising.

My advice to your friend is to keep at it and also try to contact as many agencies as she can. In particular, I'd suggest contacting agencies in more remote areas as they seem to have less clients. The same thing applies to CAS. As I detailed before we had been rejected by the CAS in Ottawa but I still contacted CAS's in other cities and the response has been much more optimistic. Basically, as long as you are registered with your local CAS, you can contact other CAS outside your area. Now our CAS plan is on hold but in the future, we'll probably look into that as well.
Take care and thanks again for any 'cosmic / religious / whatever' help you might have provided !!!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment