Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Brighter Light

Today is a special day here at the House of Leprechauns.

Today marks the last day of Mark's training: tomorrow, he will officially be a nuclear operator at OPG .

To say that I am proud of him would be an understatement. He has worked so hard since last September: studying, commuting, being tested - in so many ways - again and again.

And here he is - here we all are - at the end of one journey and the beginning of the next.

I am grateful to him for all of his efforts and for keeping the faith. The road to here has not been easy, on him or on our family. But it has all been worth it.

Congratulations, Husband! May the coming years be all that you'd imagined.




For Mark
 
When we married, pledging to love and honour for all the rest of our days, we had no idea what we were getting into. All these years later, knowing, it makes me laugh a little, at all we did not know.
 
Today, I know this:
 
I am proud of you.
I am proud of the courage you show every day and that you took a leap of faith.
I know that change is not easy, for any of us, but especially you.
But despite that discomfort, you took a deep breath and pushed on.
Pushed through.
 
And here you are, poised on the edge of  a bright, bright future. Go, you!
 
I know it has not been an easy journey to here, love.
For you, for me, for us.
And yet...we have fumbled through and you have carried the weight all this time, mostly without complaint.
 
For all of it, I am grateful. Know that.
 
Know too that, as our lives shift and change once again, I love you.
Despite the storm that is sometimes "us", I will always love you.
 
And I've got your back. As you have always had mine.
 
That's another thing we didn't know, then:
 
That we would still be here, in spite of ourselves.
 
I am so happy to be here, to see you shine.
 
Always,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. Wait, so does this mean he is kind of like Homer Simpson? :) Just kidding! I'm so proud of you hubby AND I'm so happy that he's done! How wonderful this next part of your lives together!

    ReplyDelete