Which sounds, linked to your childhood, are ones your children will likely never know and/or immediately recognize?
1. The chink-chink-chink-whhiiiirrr of a rotary-dial phone.
2. Zzzzzppphhhhtclickbeeeeppppp of dial-up internet.
3. TV "snow"
4. Simon: The Game
5. "Flip" sound on digital clocks as each minute passes.
6. The sound of a Big Wheel on the sidewalk.
7. "Press play on Tape 1"
8. "Click-click-click" of a video projector
9. The Voice - Mark Dailey (Ontario only)
10. Dinner bells from the back porch
11. "Goodnight, John-Boy..."
12. The anticipatory scratchy fullness of a needle on a record (We have a turntable and hundreds of records - plan to one day, someday, set 'em all up and have ourselves a party.)
13. The "ding" of a car pulling into a family-owned gas station.
13b. "Ping-ping-ping" of a gas station air pump.
14. Typewriter pings.
15. Cash register rings.
16. "Chuuut-chhhuttt" of a credit card imprint machine
17. Mail sliding through a slot in the front door.
18. "AOL's" iconic "Ping! You've got mail!"
19. Creaky-squeaks of a merry-go-round.
Play along! Which sounds do you remember?