Saturday, June 11, 2011

Gone Fishin'!

Today's "Going to the Cottage" soundtrack includes:

Bobcaygeon - The Tragically Hip

I left your house this morning about a quarter after nine
coulda been the Willie Nelson coulda been the wine
when I left your house this morning
it was a little after nine
it was in Bobcaygeon I saw the constellations
reveal themselves one star at a time

(Quintessential Summer Song)
The Joker by the Steve Miller Band
'Cause I'm a picker
I'm a grinner
I'm a lover
And I'm a sinner
I play my music in the sun.
I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I get my loving on the run

(Favorite Song for Driving on a Sunny, Summer's Day)
The Boys of Summer - Don Henley

But I can see you, your brown skin shinin' in the sun
You got your hair combed back and your sunglasses on, baby
And I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone

Red, Red Wine - UB40

Red, red wine, go to my head,
Make me forget that I
Still need you so.

I Gotta Feeling - Black-Eyed Peas

I gotta feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night
That tonight’s gonna be a good night
That tonight’s gonna be a good good night

Home For a Rest - Spirit of the West

The gas heater's empty, it's damp as a tomb
The spirits we drank now ghosts in the room
I'm knackered again, come on sleep take me soon
And don't lift up my head till the the twelve bells at noon

You'll have to excuse me, I'm not at my best
I've been gone for a month, I've been drunk since I left
And these so-called vacations will soon be my death
I'm so sick from the drink, I need home for a rest
Take me home


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...Boys of Summer and Red,Red Wine bring back so many memories. What a great playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all the words to all these songs! Happy cottage country!

    ReplyDelete